Thursday, February 16, 2012

Airsoft Community Interview: Xotic Website Design (XWD)

Hey airsofters! Thanks for stopping by. Today we have a particularly interesting interview from the folks over at Xotic Website Design. I've known about XWD for a little while. Once I became more familiar with the sport of airsoft and some of the more prominent teams like Rainbow Ops Airsoft and Team Infidel, I found out that XWD worked extensively with these teams to help create some of their team logos and iconography. I reached out to Mark over at XWD to get some insight into what XWD is all about and where the've positioned themselves in the airsoft community.


SOA: How did XWD get its start?

XWD: Xotic Website Design was started in 2005 strictly because I enjoyed designing and putting things together that were creative to me and me only. The first paid project I worked on, the client was very pleased with my professionalism and work in general and before I knew it I had more referrals than I knew what to do with.  So, in 2006 is when I started to really focus on doing paid jobs only.



SOA: Exactly what services does XWD offer?


XWD: Xotic Website Design provides everything from custom logos to completely custom website designs. I like to say I make things “sexy”.



SOA: I’ve noticed that XWD has done a lot of work with airsoft teams. Does XWD cater specifically to the airsoft market?


XWD: I do not just cater to the airsoft community, but recently I have been doing a lot of work for the airsoft community ever since I started playing the sport. I have done work for major names in airsoft such as Rainbow Airsoft, Rainbow Airsoft Academy and Infidel Airsoft Team.



SOA: What would you say is XWD’s area of expertise?


XWD: I personally enjoy designing logos. I love to make people’s dreams and ideas come to life for their business or even personal blog websites.



SOA: Can you name some sites that XWD has worked with so potential clients can get an idea of what you can do?

XWD: I have done so many websites over the years, a lot of them are not even running anymore, but I do have tons of Graphic Design examples as well as some Website Design examples I can show if requested.



SOA: What differentiates XWD from other web design firms out there?

XWD: I would first like to say that Xotic Website Design is not a firm. It is a freelance service which is much more affordable and agile for our clients. XWD offers exceptional quality work for a fraction of the price. We do a lot of small work that makes a big impact, like our custom Facebook pages and profile images to give that extra POP to your page. However, that is not all we do; we do everything from basic design to huge extravagant websites and everything in between.



SOA: What do you see in the future for XWD?


XWD: Currently I am striving to get the Xotic Website Design name out into the airsoft community to provide top notch design services. The community is full of awesome and genuine people I love to interact with. So all in all I plan on working extensively with the airsoft community.




As the airsoft community continues to grow by leaps and bounds, it's great to see business like Xotic Web Design that offer high quality services at affordable prices.

For more info on Xotic Web Design, you can contact them through their Facebook page at:
Xotic Website Design

No comments:

Post a Comment